Focus on Global Relevance
Posted in featured slider
Below is a list of BDSD programs that generate export dollars and create high wage jobs.
- JFW International Fashion Fair, July 2012 and January 2013: 18 and 16 companies respectively participated, generating a total of more than $1.5 million in export sales resulting in an economic impact of $3 million to the State.
- Tokyo International Gift Show, September 2012 and 2013: 27 and 42 companies respectively participated, resulting in export sales of $7.9 million resulting in an economic impact of $14.8 million.
- BIO International Convention, April 2013: 6 companies participated, generating approximately $4 million in export sales with an economic impact of $8 million.
- Trade Winds Asia, May 2013: 8 companies participated, resulting in over $3 million in export sales with an economic impact of $6 million.
- Operating Hawaii’s overseas offices in Taiwan and Beijing, and maintaining 15 Sister State relationships to build global alliances, partnerships and attract foreign capital.
- Attracting overseas students to study in Hawaii to increase the pool of entrepreneurs in the State.