DBEDT Partners with JETRO for Tokyo and Sapporo Hawaii Investment SeminarsPosted on Sep 25, 2017 in DBEDT, Hawaii Investment, JETRO, News, Sapporo, Tokyo
DBEDT has partnered with the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) to organize two seminars in Japan to introduce Hawaii’s business climate and support ecosystem to Japanese companies seeking to expand to Hawaii and beyond.
The objectives of the seminars were to attract Japanese companies in the service and manufacturing industries and demonstrate the potential of not only the Hawaii market, but how to get established and grow in Hawaii, then to possibly expand to the U.S. Mainland and beyond.
JETRO is also organizing a mission from November 3 -7, 2017 to Los Angeles and Honolulu, where they will introduce Japanese companies to locations and potential business opportunities.
The seminars featured the following speakers who represented support and also testimonials:
- Luis Salaveria, Director, DBEDT
- Dennis Teranishi, Chairman, U.S.-Japan Council
- Hidehito Uki, CEO – Founder, Sun Noodle (H&U Inc.)
- James Keller, President, Rengo Packaging, Inc.
- Kanzo Nara, President, Q.P. Corp
- Teruyoshi Okada, Managing Director, Minamoto Kitchoan Co., Ltd.
- Taiji Nakanishi, President Dokyu Inc. (Tonkatsu Tamafuji)
The Tokyo seminar attracted nearly 120 participants, while Sapporo had 110 participants. Many stayed after the seminar to individually meet the speakers and DBEDT staff, to discuss details and general ideas of doing business in Hawaii.
Click through the event photos: