So you think you can export?
The ABCs of exporting to the World
Save the date: Thursday, July 10, 2014
Have you ever thought of growing your company by exporting overseas? Have you ever tried to trade overseas, but were confused by the regulations, language barriers and different ways of conducting business?
If so, you should attend this seminar offering practical training on the do’s and don’ts of exporting your food, fashion and gift products to Japan and other overseas markets. Presented by the Hawaii Pacific Export Council (HPEC), in partnership with the Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism (DBEDT) on:
DATE: Thursday, July 10, 2014
TIME: 1:00 – 3:30 pm (Registration begins at 12:30 pm)
LOCATION: No. 1 Capitol District (Home of the Hawaii State Art Museum)
250 South Hotel Street, Multipurpose Room 1st Floor
Parking: Alii Place (no validation); metered parking on Richards Street and grounds of Iolani Palace
COST: Complimentary, however, registration is required
REGISTER: Please RSVP by July 3 to email@example.com
While this seminar is focused on Japan to prepare exhibitors at the Hawaii Pavilion at the Tokyo International Gift Show (TIGS), September 3-5, 2014, the topics presented are relevant to exporting to other markets and preparing for other trade shows. The seminar will cover topics such as:
“Success later is what you do NOW”
- How will exporting to Japan or other markets contribute to your company’s growth?
- Is there demand for your product in Japan?
- What is the best way for you to enter foreign markets?
- How much capacity do you need to fulfill new sales?
- How do you protect your trade secrets when selling to foreign markets?
“The trade show sales day”
- Do you have what it takes for a 23-hour sales day?
- Are you prepared to close a sale on the spot?
- What are some “first impression” tactics you should be aware of?
- How should you manage language/cultural barriers?
- How do you filter customer contenders from customer pretenders?
“You are in the Japanese market now”
- What is your post-show follow-up plan?
- Will your deliverables be ready for immediate delivery?
- What did you learn at TIGS that will help you in the next phase of selling to Japan?
- What export financing programs are available to assist you?
Business Development & Support Division/DBEDT