Hawaii’s Taipei Office
DBEDT responded to the rapid growth of Greater China (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong) by establishing offices in Taipei in 1994 and Beijing in 2001. The offices support and implement the department’s programs, and serve Hawaii businesses and educational institutions by providing a wide range of functions. These include:
- Providing stable linkages between Hawaii and the world’s most dynamic region.
- Hosting and organizing trade missions.
- Introducing and marketing new products and services from Hawaii.
- Acting as a conduit for economic and business-related information between Hawaii and Greater China.
- Matching businesses in Hawaii with opportunities in Greater China.
The State of Hawaii Office in Taipei
Overall office function and activities are; to represent State of Hawaii in Taiwan, further enhance official relationships with Government of Taiwan, promote cooperation and exchange in the area of education, cultural promotion, clean energy, attract foreign direct investment to Hawaii and export assistance for made-in-Hawaii products to Taiwan, activities including providing market information and assist with meeting arrangements for Hawaii companies and representatives when they visit Taiwan.
Service we provide
Position ourselves as a market information center to link and bridge business opportunities for Hawaii companies and organizations. We do light consulting work and referral service to answer Taiwan inquiries.
International Student Recruitment
- Provides consulting services for Taiwanese parents and students who wish to study in Hawaii for a degree program. mainly for higher education.
- Represent Hawaii schools to attend education fairs and to promote Hawaii education.
- Provides local information to recruitment teams from Hawaii educational institutions.
- Display made-in-Hawaii products and brochures in Taipei office and referral respond to inquiries.
- Identify major trade show opportunities for Hawaii companies to attend.
- Provide local trade and market information to Hawaii companies, and to accompany Hawaii company representatives to attend an important meetings when they visits Taiwan.
- Work with American Institute in Taiwan(AIT) to identify trade opportunity and promotional events..
- Work with major Taiwan importers and purchasing departments of Hyper mart and chain stores to promote Hawaii products.
- Identify project opportunities for Hawaii companies.
- Arrange meetings for Hawaii service providers when they visit Taiwan.
- Accompany Hawaii representatives to important meetings.
Clean energy related
- Promote the annual Asia Pacific Clean Energy Summit and Expo in Honolulu.
- Making speeches at Taiwan Clean energy summit to introduce Hawaii and invite Taiwan companies to visit and partner with Hawaii companies.
- Invite and coordinate Taiwan officials and industry leaders to visit Hawaii.
Mr. Alex Lei, Executive Director
State of Hawaii Office in Taipei
Taipei World Trade Center Exhibition Hall
5 Hsin Yi Road, Section 5
State of Hawaii’s Overseas Offices Report: