Grant Writing Technical Assistance
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Federal government has made available grant funding through the majority of Federal agencies.
On June 24, 2020, the CBED Advisory Council recommended approval for grants to provide grant writing technical assistance to nonprofit organizations with projects that are readily implementable. Projects must exhibit components that incorporate community economic development benefit and show sustainability with the ability to create and maintain jobs in the community.
DBEDT is now accepting applications from community nonprofit organizations for grants up to $5,000 for grant writing technical assistance.
- Be a nonprofit organization determined to be tax exempt by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and registered in the State of Hawaii;
- Provide a cash match of 25% of the technical assistance request;
- Demonstrate a community-based economic benefit if the organization’s project is successful;
- Be able to exhibit that the organization’s project is advanced enough to begin implementation within a very short period of time, given sufficient funding.
- Be Ready to apply for Federal and/or private foundation grant funding (state grant funding is excluded)