Why Hawaii Companies Should Export
- Hawaii is a small market, so growth is limited if businesses sell only locally
- 95% of world’s consumers are outside of the U.S.
- Exporting can help diversify the client base and grow Hawaii companies
Exporting is a vital economic driver for Hawaii. In 2017, Hawaii exports (not including tourism) totaled $5.349 billion, including both goods and services.
Economic Impact of Each Billion Dollar of Exports from Hawaii in 2018 (Other than visitor spending):
- Sales generated = $1.65 billion
- Household income generated = $392 million
- State taxes generated = $68.2 million
- Jobs created or maintained = 8,552