Opportunity Zone (OZ) Project Registration
Aloha Business Owners & Business Property Owners. DBEDT is looking for qualified Opportunity Zone (OZ) projects with a positive community impact seeking investments from Opportunity Zone (OZ) Funds. To be included on the DBEDT list of OZ projects, the OZ business owner or property owner will need to complete a profile and executive summary for their business or business property.
Once the information has been reviewed and accepted by DBEDT or its contractor, it will be posted on the DBEDT website and shared with OZ Funds interested in investing in Hawaii’s OZ.
Potential Investments in OZ
- New Real Estate Development and Significant Rehabilitations in Opportunity Zones
- Opening New Businesses in Opportunity Zones
- Acquiring an Existing Business and Relocating it (with Expansion) in an Opportunity Zone
- Large Expansions of Businesses already within Opportunity Zones
- Create Livable Wage Jobs
- Improve Housing Affordability
- Expand Workforce Development and Post-Secondary Education
- Improve Food Sustainability & Security
- Improve Environmental Sustainability
- Expand Entrepreneurship and Business Development
- Expand Access to Affordable & Reliable Transportation
- Promote, Perpetuate and Preserved Culture and the Arts
- Expanded Access to Health Care, Residential Care and Assisted Living Facilities
- Revitalization of Neighborhoods with High Vacancies or Crime
- Expand Access for Youth Education – Child Care, Preschool, K-12
- Tell us about your project by registering on the DBEDT website below.
- Be registered to do business in the State of Hawaii and be in good standing
- Be physically located in an Opportunity Zone OR have plans to locate to an opportunity zone within the next 12-months
- Have a positive and measurable impact on the community and economy
- Have an interest in receiving an equity investment from an OZ Fund