Hankyu Hawaii Fair
Introduce your products to the 2022 Hankyu Hawai’i Fair Organizers
DBEDT is pleased to announce this opportunity to introduce your products to the Hankyu Hawaii Fair organizers:
Dates: Monday, November 29; Tuesday, November 30; and Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Times: a meeting time will be assigned to you during the period from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM on each day
Via Zoom, please register via the form below
Venue: Via Zoom, please register via the form below
- After you submit, your information will be reviewed and you will be contacted with confirmation about attending, or you may be asked for more detailed information.
- Meeting times will be assigned by email, so please confirm thereafter.
- Please register for the HiSTEP program here, if you have not yet done so.
Interpreting will be provided.
ABOUT THE HANKYU HAWAII FAIR
The Hankyu Hawaii Fair is held annually in July at the Umeda Main Department Store in Umeda, Osaka. Before 2020, the Fair attracted over 200,000 Japanese consumers of all ages, some of whom will visit more than once to purchase food, apparel and gift and jewelry items made in Hawaii. In 2020 the Fair was entirely virtual and online; and in 2021, it was a combination of online and in-person shopping and events. For 2022 we are planning again for online and in-person, but we hope Hawaiʻi company owners will be able to travel to Japan to make the Fair an even better experience for shoppers.
The Hankyu Hawaii Fair is a tremendous opportunity for Hawaii companies to connect directly with Japanese consumers who love Hawaii. Ultimately, this experience is more than about achieving sales, but can assist you in your long-term Japan export strategy:
- You can increase awareness of your brand if you already sell in Japan, or sell online or via brick-and-mortar store.
- You have the chance to create personal relationships with shoppers who are likely to visit you in Hawaii.
- You can capture customer feedback for product improvement and new product development.
- You can conduct market research at other floors in the Hankyu Umeda Dept. Store and other venues in Japan.
- You may meet potential importers and distributors who attend the Hawaii Fair.
The 2022 Hawaii Fair is planned for both in-store shopping and activities and also online shopping and livestreamed events.
Dates: Wednesday, July 6 – Sunday, July 10, 2022
Location: Hankyu Umeda Main Store and online