Shuttered Venue Operations Grant (SVOG)
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has re-opened the Shuttered Venue Operations Grant (SVOG) application portal, https://www.svograntportal.sba.gov/s/.
The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant program was established in the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits and Venues Act and amended by the American Rescue Plan Act to provide over $16.2 billion in economic relief to target industries. This SVOG portal is now open to receive applications.
For technical assistance such as a password reset, browser suggestions, or how to use the multi-factor authentication with an app and the QR code, applicants can call 1-800-659-2955 or, for the deaf and hard-of-hearing 1-800-877-8339 and follow the prompts to SVOG assistance. The call center is now open 24/7.
For more information, visit https://www.sba.gov/document/support-faq-regarding-shuttered-venue-operators-grant-svog.
Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF)
SBA has opened applications for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) on Monday, May 3, 2021. The online application will remain open to any eligible establishment until all funds are exhausted.
Established under the American Rescue Plan, and signed into law by President Joe Biden on March 11, 2021, the Restaurant Revitalization Fund provides a total of $28.6 billion in direct relief funds to restaurants and other hard-hit food establishments that have experienced economic distress and significant operational losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This program will provide restaurants with funding equal to their pandemic-related revenue loss up to $10 million per business and no more than $5 million per physical location. Funds must be used for allowable expenses by March 11, 2023.
For the first 21 days that the program is open, the SBA will prioritize funding applications from businesses owned and controlled by women, veterans, and socially and economically disadvantaged individuals. All eligible applicants are encouraged to submit applications as soon as the portal opens. Following the 21 days, all eligible applications will be funded on a first-come, first-served basis.
In preparation, the SBA recommends qualifying applicants familiarize themselves with the application process in advance to ensure a smooth and efficient application experience, specifically by:
- Registering for an account at restaurants.sba.gov starting Friday, April 30, 2021.
- Reviewing the official guidance, including program guide, frequently asked questions, and application sample.
- Preparing the required documentation.
- Working with a point-of-sale vendor or visiting restaurants.sba.gov to submit an application when the application portal opens. [Note: If an applicant is working with a point-of-sale vendor, they do not need to register beforehand on the site.]
- View the webinar trainings listed below:
- Watch this video, an Overview of the RRF: https://youtu.be/ybp3mVsvyoQ
- Learn how to apply for the RRF in this video: https://youtu.be/fxi3EcB_BZ4
For more information, visit sba.gov/restaurants