Tokyo International Gift Show (TIGS)
The Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism (DBEDT) is pleased to announce its participation in the Autumn 2020 Tokyo International Gift Show (TIGS), to be held October 7-9, 2020 at Tokyo BIG SIGHT. This will be the ninth year that DBEDT will showcasing food, apparel, accessories and general gift products from Hawaii at TIGS. This is the largest international trade show in Japan.
TIGS is the biggest and best platform to take Hawaii companies to the next level of growing their export business. Thanks to a grant received by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), DBEDT is able to organize this event that provides opportunities for Hawaii companies interested in exporting their products or services to Japan to new levels. The value of the Hawaii brand is priceless in the global economy and Hawaii’s iconic brand continues to attract new business chances in Japan.
Success from TIGS
- In 2019, over 55 Hawaii brands exhibited in the Hawaii Pavilion at TIGS
- Exhibitors reported $5 million in actual and projected sales as a result of their participation in TIGS
- Number of Exhibitors at TIGS: Over 3,000
- Number of Visitors: Over 200,000 (distributors, manufacturers, retailers, importers/exporters)
Participation fee: $1,100 for a full booth / $550 for a half booth
Application deadline: March 31, 2020
Do the following by March 31, 2020:
- First please be sure to register for HiSTEP.
- In the “HiSTEP Programs” section, look for the Tokyo International Gift Show (TIGS) selection and click on the link to the online application.
- If you have already filled out the HiSTEP registration form, please apply for TIGS here at this link.
- After you submit your application, a program manager will be in contact about next steps.
Deadline to Apply for 2020 TIGS: March 31, 2020
Contact Marlene Hiraoka at (808)587-2758; email: email@example.com
HiSTEP Program Information
Go to the HiSTEP page to learn more about the HiSTEP program.
Funded in part through a Grant with the U.S. Small Business Administration