Each county will offer additional benefits to enrolled businesses:
City and County of Honolulu (The Island of Oahu)
- Two-year exemption from any increase in property taxes resulting from new construction by EZ firms at their EZ sites.
- Waiver of building and grading permit fees for enrolled EZ firms for seven years.
Hawaii County (The “Big Island”)
- Three-year exemption from any increase in property taxes resulting from new construction by EZ firms at their EZ sites.
Kauai County (The Islands of Kauai and Niihau)
- Priority business permit processing.
Maui County (The Islands of Lanai, Maui, and Molokai)
- Waiver of business permit fees.
- Priority consideration will be given to EZs and enrolled EZ businesses when processing business permits, granting zoning waivers, and when allocating federal monies controlled by the county e.g. Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), and Workforce Investment Act funds.
The DBEDT Enterprise Zones partnership coordinator can be reached at:
Oahu: (808) 768-5859
Hawaii: (808) 961-8496
Maui: (808) 270-7710
Kauai: (808) 241-4949
Molokai and Lanai: 1 (800) 468-4644
(If you are calling from the Neighbor Islands, dial the number for your island then dial extension 62593 – these numbers are toll free and will transfer to the State Enterprise Zones Coordinator.)