DBEDT Overseas Offices
DBEDT responded to the rapid growth of Greater China (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong) by establishing offices in Taipei in 1994 and Beijing in 2001. The offices support and implement the department’s programs, and serve Hawaii businesses and educational institutions by providing a wide range of functions. These include:
- Providing stable linkages between Hawaii and the world’s most dynamic region.
- Hosting and organizing trade missions.
- Introducing and marketing new products and services from Hawaii.
- Acting as a conduit for economic and business-related information between Hawaii and Greater China.
- Matching businesses in Hawaii with opportunities in Greater China.
Hawaii’s Beijing Office
Hawaii’s Taipei Office