Invest In Hawaii
Imagine a place where life is part of the bottom line.
People dream about living and working in Hawaii. Some move here, some leave and return, and some simply stay here. But in almost every case, people choose Hawaii because it is a place where they want to be more than anywhere else on earth. They are humbled by its beauty, embraced by its people, enlightened by its culture and inspired by its spirit every day. Hawaii is unique.
Hawaii’s unique geography, culture and history make it ideal for a wide range of entrepreneurial, scientific and technological enterprises. The diversity of Hawaii’s business growth comes as a surprise to many. But it is a reality that is providing exciting new challenges and opportunities every day. Discover the unique approach to enterprise that can only be found in Hawaii…where business comes to life.
Hawaii Enterprise Zone
The Enterprise Zones (EZ) partnership program is a joint state-county effort intended to stimulate—via tax and other incentives—certain types of business activity, job preservation, and job creation in areas where they are most appropriate or most needed.
- 100% exemption from the General Excise Tax (GET) every year.
- An 80% reduction of state income tax the first year.
- An additional income tax reduction equal to 80% of annual Unemployment Insurance premiums the first year. (This reduction goes down 10% each year for 6 more years.)
- Priority permit processing
- Zoning or building permit waivers or variances
- Property tax adjustments
- Priority consideration for federal job training or community development funds
For more information please visit http://invest.hawaii.gov/business/ez
Enterprise Zone: Companies Enrolled