Introduce Your Products to the 2020 Hankyu Hawaii Fair OrganizersPosted on Oct 3, 2019 in Export Promotion, Hankyu Hawaii Fair, HiSTEP, HiSTEP-HP, Japan market, News
Would you like to sell directly to Japanese consumers and explore exporting to Japan? The Hankyu Hawaii Fair is looking for authentic products made in Hawaii, from apparel to accessories and jewelry, to packaged food items and other gifts. DBEDT is very pleased to continue our successful partnership with the Hankyu Hanshin Department Stores, organizers of the annual Hawaii Fair, to showcase authentic Hawaii brands to the over 200,000 Japanese customers that attend the Fair over a seven-day period.
This year, DBEDT will host a panel briefing:
- DBEDT will provide updates on the 2020 Hawaii State Trade Expansion Program (HiSTEP);
- Hankyu Hawaii Fair organizers will speak on the strategy behind organizing the Hawaii Fair, one of a series of Hankyu World Fairs held throughout the year;
- Hankyu will speak on Japanese consumer preferences and upcoming trends in fashion, food and gifts;
- Previous participating Hawaii manufacturers will share their experiences, discuss logistics and other technical details.
Immediately following the Seminar, DBEDT will organize a matching event where you can introduce your products for consideration by the Hawaii Fair organizers. Please register below.
ABOUT THE HANKYU HAWAII FAIR
The Hankyu Hawaii Fair is held annually in July at the Umeda Main Department Store in Umeda, Osaka. The Fair attracts over 200,000 Japanese consumers of all ages, some of whom will visit more than once to purchase food, apparel and gift and jewelry items made in Hawaii. Please see photos of past events in Hankyu 2017 and Hankyu 2018.
To participate in the matching event, you must attend the breakfast briefing. NOTE: the panel briefing will be in Japanese and English with consecutive interpreting for both languages.
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
- Registration and Matching Event set-up begins at 8:00AM
- Breakfast buffet will open at 8:30AM
- Panel briefing: 9:00AM to 10:30AM
- Yuri Sawada, Hankyu Hawaii Fair manager, explaining Hankyu Umeda Department Store’s World Fair strategy and how Hawaii plays a large role
- Sho Kusuda, Hankyu Hawaii Fair assistant, discussing the process once companies are selected, including PR and working with importers
- Reiko T. Rogers, Hankyu Hawaii Fair coordinator in Hawaii, serving as facilitator
- And more!
Manoa Grand Ballroom, 5th Floor
Japanese Cultural Center of Hawaii
2454 South Beretania Street
Honolulu, HI 96826
Parking in the JCCH parking structure is $8 with validation, credit card only
$20.00 for the breakfast buffet
Payment is by cash or check, payable to “State of Hawaii / DBEDT” at the door, or mailed to:
DBEDT / Business Development & Support Division
ATTN: Lyle Fujikawa
P.O. Box 2359
Honolulu, HI 96804
Register using the form below. Deadline to register is Tuesday, October 22, 2019. No refunds after October 22, 2019. No-shows will be billed.
Priority will be given to companies whose Hawaii-made product meets the “Made in Hawaii” designation as defined under Hawaii Revised Statutes Section 468-119, stipulating that the product will have at least 51% or the wholesale value added by manufacture, assembly, fabrication, or production within the State. Please also fill out and return the Made in Hawaii Valuation Form to email@example.com.