Notice Of Public HearingPosted on Oct 31, 2014 in Enterprise Zones, News
DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND TOURISM PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO ADMINISTRATIVE RULES RELATING TO STATE ENTERPRISE ZONES
Notice is hereby given that the Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism (DBEDT), pursuant to Chapter 91, Hawaii Revised Statutes, will hold a public hearing as follows:
December 4, 2014 10:00 a.m.
250 South Hotel Street, Room 436
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
The purpose of the public hearing is to receive testimony related to proposed amendments to Title 15, Chapter 6, Hawaii Administrative Rules, entitled Enterprise Zones (EZ). The proposed amendments are summarized below:
- Provide that qualified businesses’ gross receipts, number of employees, and gross sales for agricultural businesses, attributable to the conduct of a trade or business within enterprise zones located within the same county shall count toward meeting EZ program requirements.
- Extend the enrollment period in the EZ program for certain manufacturers and producers and processors of agricultural products, as well as agricultural businesses in the event of a force majeure event.
- Allow leased employees or joint employment contract full-time employees to be counted in fulfilling EZ program hiring requirements.
- Allow tax credits for unemployment insurance premiums paid for qualified businesses’ employees employed within enterprise zones located within the same county.
- Allow general excise tax exemptions for qualified business activity within enterprise zones located within the same county.
The proposed rule amendments are available for review in person at the following DBEDT Office from 9:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. Monday to Friday, from November 5, 2014 to November 19, 2014.
Business Development and Support Division
Enterprise Zone Program
250 South Hotel Street, Room 502
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Copies of the proposed amendments may also be obtained at the above office by paying a fee charge for photocopying or sent by mail upon receipt of a fee charge for photocopying and postage. Copies may also be reviewed or downloaded at DBEDT’s website at: http://dbedt.hawaii.gov/overview/administrative-rules/
All interested persons may attend the public hearing and submit comments orally or in writing. Written testimony may be submitted prior to the hearings via postal mail to the Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism, Enterprise Zone Program, P.O. Box 2359, Honolulu, HI 96804, or via fax at (808) 586-2589, or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the word “testimony” and the subject matter. Persons requiring special accommodations at the hearing may call (808) 587-2757 at least 5 working days prior to the hearing.