Loans to Help Businesses
What we do – Loans to help businesses
CBED offers loans to eligible small businesses that support economic development in their communities. We strive to help small businesses to develop viable, sustainable business ventures that serve local needs and are compatible with the vision, character and cultural values of their communities. We especially focus on those involved in expanding their businesses in Agricultural and Food Production & Manufacturing and Wholesaling.
The CBED loan program can support small businesses with loans usually in the range of $50,000 to $125,000.
- Must be a registered business in the State of Hawaii
- Loan proceeds must result in an economic development outcome
- Show turn-down from one (1) financial institution
- Must have been in business for at least two years
- Must have the financial ability to re-pay the loan
Loans may be used for:
- Working capital
- Construction or improvement of facilities
- Purchase of equipment
- Payment of production and marketing expenses including materials, labor and services
Term: Up to 10 years
Interest Rate: 3% – 6%
Webinar on the CBED Loan Program for Business Expansion
In case you missed the webinar held on Wednesday, October 13, 2021, you can view the video recording here.
The CBED Loan Program supports a broad range of Hawaii’s small businesses with loans in the range of $50,000 to $125,000. We are currently focusing on supporting Agricultural and Food Production, Manufacturing, and Wholesaling businesses.
Don’t miss this opportunity! Take advantage now to strengthen your business as Hawaii’s economy recovers.
For questions, please contact us directly at:
Community Based Economic Development Program
Business Development & Support Division
State of Hawaii Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism
P.O. Box 2359
Honolulu, HI 96804