- NELHA Receives Presidential Award for Export ServiceWASHINGTON – U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker today presented the Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority (NELHA) with the President’s “E” Award for Export Service at a ceremony in Washington, D.C. The “E” Awards are the highest recognition any U.S. entity may receive for making a significant contribution to the expansion of U.S. exports. … Read more
- Hawaii Enterprise Zones Success Story – Mulvadi CorporationBy: Chelsea Cooper and Dean Pescador, Hogan Entrepreneurial Program As we arrived an hour early at the Mulvadi coffee factory, we were greeted by Mulvadi’s friendly staff. Steven Mulgrew, owner of the company and President was more than happy to meet up with us. His lively spirit flowed through him while he graciously offered us … Read more
- So Ono Keeps Fresh with Help from EZ ProgramHawaii Enterprise Zones Success Story So Ono Food Products, LLC By: Chelsea Cooper and Dean Pescador, Hogan Entrepreneurial Program You’re at the supermarket staring at the delicious-looking pineapples, only to come across one of the greatest grocery shopping dilemmas: Do I pick the goldest looking one? Should I thump them to make sure it sounds … Read more
- Hamakua Mushrooms Benefit from EZ ProgramRobert Stanga, President of Hamakua Heritage Farm in Laupahoehoe, on the island of Hawaii, produces gourmet mushrooms known as Hamakua Mushrooms. The company enrolled in the Hawaii Enterprise Zones Partnership program which is a state government program that offers tax and other incentives to eligible businesses located in designated Enterprise Zones in the state. “The … Read more
- DBEDT Wins Competitive U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) State Trade and Export Promotions (STEP) GrantSBA awards $485,719 to DBEDT to assist Hawaii small businesses to grow export sales and enter new international markets.
- Hawaii-China Partnership for a Clean Energy FutureDBEDT and the State House of Representatives hosted 200 CEOs from China, attending APEC, to an energy forum that culminated with the signing of a memorandum of understanding
- Shochu Made in HawaiiEntrepreneur Plans Shochu Distillery through DBEDT Micro Loan Program KAMPAI! That’s the word you’ll be hearing when you visit 45-year old entrepreneur Ken Hirata on his 10-acre farm that is now “open for business” and features his now certified and operational shochu-producing distillery. Ken, an entrepreneur from Japan, whose parents used to live in … Read more