Businesses must meet the following requirements to participate in HiSTEP:
- Meet the federal requirements of an Eligible Small Business Concern:
- Organized or incorporated and operating in the U.S.
- Meets SBA small business size standards
- One year in business
- Has access to sufficient resources to bear the costs associated with trade
- Must be an export-ready U.S. company seeking to export goods or services of U.S. origin or that has at least 51% U.S. content
- Certify that your company is not barred from receiving federal funds
- Be registered in good standing with the State Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs’ Business Registration Division at vendors.ehawaii.gov
- Have a current general excise tax license with the State Department of Taxation
- Priority for selection to participate in the Hawaii Pavilions (HiSTEP-HP) will be given to companies whose Hawaii-made product meets the “Made in Hawaii” designation as defined under Hawaii Revised Statutes Section 468-119, stipulating that the product will have at least 51% of the wholesale value added by manufacture, assembly, fabrication, or production within the State. For service providers, the eligibility requirement is that the company be registered to do business in the State of Hawaii and the service, although for a foreign market, is substantially performed in Hawaii.