The Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism (DBEDT), in cooperation with the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) and the Hawaii Department of Agriculture (HDOA), is pleased to invite Hawaii food manufacturers to exhibit in the Hawaii Pavilion at the 2024 FOODEX JAPAN, (49th International Food and Beverage Exhibition), trade show in Japan from March 5-8, 2024.
DBEDT is pleased to lead Hawaii companies to FOODEX in 2024. In 2024, an anticipated number of over 2,300 exhibitors representing over 70 countries and regions from around the world are expected to attend. In 2023, there were over 33,000 trading companies, wholesalers, manufacturers, retailers, agriculture, hotel-related suppliers and buyers who attended the show.
HAWAII PAVILION BOOTH PLAN
- Booth Cost:
(1) Full Booth (approx.. 3m x 3m) is $1,000;
(2) Half Booth is $500.
- Booth fees will include back panel and walls, standardized company overhead sign, carpeting, and two overhead spotlights. Costs for all other fixtures, display counters, etc. will be the exhibitor’s responsibility.
Tokyo Big Sight is the venue for FOODEX 2024.
- Japanese Management Association
- Japan Hotel Association
- Japan Ryokan & Hotel Association
- Japan Restaurant Association
- Japan Tourism Facilities Association
- Maximize business meeting opportunities between worldwide exhibitors and qualified buyers;
- Meet face-to-face with buyers at the show;
- Showcase Hawaii’s diverse and quality manufactured food products. (Importers and buyers know that Japanese consumers are adventurous and are looking for new products.);
- Accelerate product development for healthy and environmentally friendly food products (Japanese people show great interest in functional foods – foods that serve a particular purpose whether it is to provide more energy, make joints feel better, help blood flow, etc.);
- Study/observe technological advances to increase productivity.
- Complete the 2024 HiSTEP Registration form. This must be completed annually if you have not yet registered for the 2023 HiSTEP program.
- Complete the 2024 FOODEX Application Form (Deadline is December 22, 2023)
- Mail in a check for $1,000.00 (Full Booth), or $500.00 (Half Booth) for your booth fee in the Hawaii Pavilion.
- Payment due no later than December 29, 2023
- Make check payable to: State of Hawaii/DBEDT
- Mailing address:
- Dennis T. Ling
DBEDT/Business Development and Support Division
P.O. Box 2359
Honolulu, HI 96804
- Dennis T. Ling
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR FOODEX 2024: Friday, December 22, 2023
PAYMENT DUE NO LATER THAN: Friday, December 29, 2023
EXHIBITORS INFORMATION PAGE:
- coming soon
Priority for selection to participate in the Hawaii Pavilion at the 2024 FOODEX will be given to companies whose Hawaii-made product meets the “Made in Hawaii” designation meaning that the product has at least 51% of the wholesale value added by manufacture, assembly, fabrication, or production within the State.
New-to-export companies are encouraged to apply to participate in the Hawaii Pavilion at FOODEX. All companies must follow Japan import regulations. All companies must follow Japan import regulations. More information will be provided once your company is eligible to participate in FOODEX.
Contact Marlene Hiraoka at (808)587-2758; email: email@example.com
HiSTEP PROGRAM INFORMATION
Go to the HiSTEP page to learn more about the HiSTEP program
Funded in part through a grant with the U.S. Small Business Administration